Saturday, January 12, 2008

Day 12 - Coupons

Today's idea is a bit different than the others so far, since it isn't necessarily a way to make money, but instead a way to save money. I have recently discovered the excitement of Double Coupons at Ralphs, and today I had my best day yet - I spent $37.33 on groceries, but between my Ralphs Club Card and Double Coupons, I saved $37.62 - more than %50 off of my bill!!

It started a few months ago when I subscribed to the Sunday edition of the Los Angeles Times, and realized that the paper included coupons. I have always used the club card at Ralphs (my local grocery store), but I hadn't used many coupons before. The paper cost $15 for 12-15 weeks (I don't remember exactly how long I subscribed!) and they gave me a $10 gas card for signing up. With the coupons being 'doubled' at Ralphs, I figure I am saving an average of $10 a week with the coupons, so $120-150 over the time of my subscription. I think that pretty much pays for the paper, and as of yesterday, has helped cut my grocery bill in half!

There are a few online grocery coupon sites, but I have had the most success from the Sunday paper. If I had a family (baby food, diapers, etc) there are lots of opportunities to save online, so that is something to keep in mind.


0308-pinkbuttons2-120060 - 120x60

No comments: