Saturday, November 1, 2008

$300 in November - Day 1

It's that time again - time to start a new 30 day challenge! I was looking back over the history of the blog, and realized my first month was January of 2008, so there is still a chance that I can complete the challenge at least once within the first year of the creation of the blog. I have had a few months where I did make some money but didn't post about it, but I don't know that I have ever reached my goal.

Speaking of the goal - to clarify, my goal is to make $300 in 30 days using alternative means of employment to my regular job. This would include using blogs, sites like Squidoo, online surveys, and other means of alternative income. These can be broken down into categories, two of the main being passive and active sources, and I plan to get into more detail each day as I write about what I am doing.

I also plan to do a comprehensive update once a week to see where I am at - figure out what is working and what may have to change to meet my goal. Since there are 30 days in November it works out great, but I think my goal is to be over the finish line by Thanksgiving, since I'm not sure how much time I will have to work on the goal that weekend.

Of course, making money online doesn't mean I have to be online the entire time. When looking at passive sources of income (Google AdSense, etc) you just have to have the site set up properly, and let time take it's turn. And as you build a sustainable stream of passive income, the long-term benefits are that you should be able to spend time on expanding, rather than maintaining, and further increase your profits.

Let the Challenge begin!

1 comment:

Kacie said...

Best wishes! It's a great challenge to try.

There's a blog running a $1000 in 30 days challenge right now, maybe you can get some additional ideas from there: http://www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com/blog/

Here's how I plan to scrape together a little extra money this month:

I'll use my ING Direct debit card 5x, and I'll get a $20 bonus.

I'm am member of YouData, and I make a few bucks each week deposited into my PayPal. You can visit my blog to see more about that (sidebar).

Have a good November!